- About Us
- News & Events
- Volunteer Survey
- Volunteer Clearances Information
- Volunteer Descriptions
- Executive Committees & Volunteers
- Position Descriptions Document
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Committee Chair Financial Guidelines
- Expense Form
- Fundraising Collections Form
- Amazon Smile Fundraiser
- Start-up Funds Request Form
- Emergency Phone Tree Template
- SRS Info
- New to SRS
Dimensions in Social Studies supports school-wide and grade specific activities that enhance the social studies curriculum at SRS.
Through a school-wide mock election students participate in the democratic process and learn about the important role that voting plays in a democratic society. On the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday students and their families have the opportunity to help fellow community members at service learning activities each year.
Activities take place at each grade level to support social studies lessons:
- Grades 1 and 2 experience Asia Week-five days of activities and lessons on China, India, or Japan.
- The annual African Dance celebration is the culmination of the 3rd grade unit on traditional African dances and their cultural significance.
- Grades 4 and 5 study Native American cultures, which includes an annual trip to the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology for the 5th grade classes.
The dedication and hard work of the Dimensions in Social Studies chairs makes these activities possible year after year. Home & School also provides funding every year to offset the costs of many of these treasured events and activities.
About UsHome and School Association is a non-profit parents organization of Swarthmore Rutledge School. Our goal is to enrich the educational experience of our children at SRS through special events, enrichment programs, and the representation of parents to the administration. To find out more about us, please contact our co-presidents, Martin Micklin and Dylan Davis. To volunteer, please contact our volunteer coordinator, Amy Brown.
Direct Family Donation Goal
Our 2018-19 goal for direct family donations is $7,500, this will allow us to reach our overall fundraising target of $38,000 for the year.
Please help us reach our goal by donating below.
We have raised $5910 out of $7500.
$1590 left to reach our goal!
Please consider making a donation to the SRS Home and School Association. We are currently tax-exempt, and our tax-exempt status has been retroactively reinstated. All donations from October 2011 onward are considered tax deductible.