- About Us
- News & Events
- Volunteer Survey
- Volunteer Clearances Information
- Volunteer Descriptions
- Executive Committees & Volunteers
- Position Descriptions Document
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Committee Chair Financial Guidelines
- Expense Form
- Fundraising Collections Form
- Amazon Smile Fundraiser
- Start-up Funds Request Form
- Emergency Phone Tree Template
- SRS Info
- New to SRS
SRS Home & School is pleased to offer its globetrotters foreign language program for students in grades 1-5. Globetrotters is a 22 week, before-school, extra-curricular program designed to open students’ minds to new languages and new ways of thinking.
- Classes are offered in Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, French, and Latin.
- Globetrotters is open to all SRS students in Grades 1-5.
Registration for Globetrotters is closed. If you are interested in inquiring about class availability, please email email@example.com.
Registration will open for the 2019-2020 school year in August. Please note that classes filled up last year, so please register early to ensure your child’s spot! Before clicking on the registration link, please review the Parent Guidelines and the Liability document because you will need to confirm that you have reviewed those documents during the registration process:
- Tuition is $295 and is payable via Paypal at the time of registration.
- Students must enroll for the entire 22-week program and pay in full.**
- Need-based scholarships are available. Contact Dr. Angela Tuck at SRS for more info.
** If your child will be moving before the end of the school year or you would like to arrange for a payment plan, please contact SRSGlobetrotters@gmail.com.
- Classes meet one morning a week before school at SRS from 8:00 – 8:45 am
- Classes begin the week of 9/17/18 and end in May. The full calendar is available here.
- Schedule reminders will be sent through the Remind App and are also available in the weekly e-blast.
- We have GREAT teachers who are very generous with their time and talent. If you want to learn more about our teachers please click here to read our Globetrotter teacher bios.
- The class names have changed! If you were enrolled last year and want guidance on how these class names map to the class names from previous year please use this document – Globetrotter Class Name Transition.
- This is the proposed class schedule. The final schedule may change based on enrollment, but parents will be notified of the change prior to classes starting and will be offered their money back before classes start if the new day of the week doesn’t work.
|French-Intermediate||Spanish – Beginner Level 1||Chinese – Beginner||French – Beginner|
|Chinese-Intermediate||Spanish- Beginner Level 1||Spanish – Intermediate|
|Spanish – Beginner Level 2||Spanish – Intermediate|
|Spanish – Advanced|
|Latin – Beginner and Intermediate|
If you aren’t sure what class your child should be enrolled in please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) srsglobetrotters (at) gmail (dot) com for assistance.
Additional questions? Contact the Globetrotters Administrators at (email@example.com) srsglobetrotters (at) gmail (dot) com.
About UsHome and School Association is a non-profit parents organization of Swarthmore Rutledge School. Our goal is to enrich the educational experience of our children at SRS through special events, enrichment programs, and the representation of parents to the administration. To find out more about us, please contact our co-presidents, Martin Micklin and Dylan Davis. To volunteer, please contact our volunteer coordinator, Amy Brown.
Direct Family Donation Goal
Our 2018-19 goal for direct family donations is $7,500, this will allow us to reach our overall fundraising target of $38,000 for the year.
Please help us reach our goal by donating below.
We have raised $6015 out of $7500.
$1485 left to reach our goal!
Please consider making a donation to the SRS Home and School Association. We are currently tax-exempt, and our tax-exempt status has been retroactively reinstated. All donations from October 2011 onward are considered tax deductible.