- About Us
- News & Events
- SRS Info
SRS Home & School is pleased to offer its globetrotters foreign language program for students in grades 1-5. Globetrotters is a 22 week, before-school, extra-curricular program designed to open students’ minds to new languages and new ways of thinking.
- Classes are offered in Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, French, and Latin.
- Globetrotters is open to all SRS students in Grades 1-5.
Registration is now closed for the 2019-2020. If you have questions, or wish to request a mid-year enrollment please contact the Globetrotter Co-chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For reference, here are the Parent Guidelines and the Liability documents that all parents must review during the registration process:
- Tuition is $300 and is payable via Paypal at the time of registration.
- Students must enroll for the entire 22-week program and pay in full.**
- Need-based scholarships are available. Contact Dr. Angela Tuck at SRS for more info.
** If your child will be moving before the end of the school year or you would like to arrange for a payment plan, please contact SRSGlobetrotters@gmail.com.
- Classes meet one morning a week before school at SRS from 8:00 – 8:45 am
- Classes begin the week of 9/23/19 and end in the middle of May. The full calendar is available here.
- Schedule reminders will be sent through the Remind App and are also available in the weekly e-blast.
- We have GREAT teachers who are very generous with their time and talent. If you want to learn more about our teachers please click here to read our Globetrotter teacher bios.
- This is the proposed class schedule. The final schedule may change based on enrollment, but parents will be notified of the change prior to classes starting and will be offered their money back before classes start if the new day of the week doesn’t work.
- We have created a formalized waitlist for classes this year. If the class your child is interested in, please sign-up for the waitlist. There is no fee to add your name to the waitlist and if we get enough students we will work to add an additional session. Enrollment will be taken in order of the names on the waitlist.
|Chinese – Intermediate||Chinese – Beginner||Spanish – Intermediate|
|French-Beginner||Spanish- Beginner Level 1 – FULL||Spanish – Advanced|
|French-Intermediate||Spanish – Intermediate -FULL|
|Spanish – Beginner Level 2|
|Spanish – Advanced FULL|
|Latin – Beginner and Intermediate|
If you aren’t sure what class your child should be enrolled in please email (email@example.com) srsglobetrotters (at) gmail (dot) com for assistance.
Additional questions? Contact the Globetrotters Administrators at (firstname.lastname@example.org) srsglobetrotters (at) gmail (dot) com.
About UsHome and School Association is a non-profit parents organization of Swarthmore Rutledge School. Our goal is to enrich the educational experience of our children at SRS through special events, enrichment programs, and the representation of parents to the administration. To find out more about us, please contact our co-presidents, Kim Angstadt and Shannon Elliott. To volunteer, please contact our volunteer coordinator, Amy Brown.
Direct Family Donation Goal
Our 2019-20 goal for direct family donations is $7,000, this will allow us to reach our overall fundraising target of $37,000 for the year.
Please help us reach our goal by donating below.
We have raised $4600 out of $7000.
$2400 left to reach our goal!
Please consider making a donation to the SRS Home and School Association. We are currently tax-exempt, and our tax-exempt status has been retroactively reinstated. All donations from October 2011 onward are considered tax deductible.