- About Us
- News & Events
- SRS Info
- Beth Davis – Beth Davis has made the learning and teaching of French a life-long project. Beth has previously taught at Concordia Language Village’s Immersion French summer camp, so she has plenty of silly songs and games to share. Beth currently teaches French at several preschools and elementary schools in the area including SRS, as well as at The Creative Living Room.
- Lucy Saxon – Mme. Lucy loves French and majored in Comparative Literature at Haverford College. She also studied abroad at the Sorbonne in Paris. Lucy holds a Master’s degree in Library and Information Science and is employed as Assistant Librarian at Swarthmore Public Library. In her free time, Lucy enjoys reading, languages, music, and dance. She and her family live in Swarthmore around the corner from her parents.
- Luz Marina Rendon-Hepler – Luz Marina Rendon-Hepler was born in Mexico City and lived there until 2006 when she got married and moved to the United States. She obtained her Law Degree in Mexico, but when she became a mom, she realized about the importance of raising her daughter to be bilingual in order to keep her in touch with her roots and also as a tool for her future. Getting involved in this process made her find a new calling in life and it is how she decided to start teaching Spanish to young children. Since October 2011, she has had the opportunity to teach Children from Kindergarten to 5th grade at different elementary schools in the area as well as to provide tutoring for kids in Middle School.
- Rosalba Meneses Villa – She was born and raised in Puebla, Mexico where she earned a BS in Business Administration from the BUAP (Meritorious Autonomous University of Puebla). While working in the private sector, she had the opportunity to teach Math at elementary school. When she moved to the United States in 2006 she participated in the “World Languages Program for the Philadelphia Schools” teaching Spanish.
- Julie Hsin – Julie Hsin has been the teaching assistant at Holy Trinity Nursery School for 5 years. She is currently teaching the Kindergarten class at Main Line Chinese School in Radnor. She is also on the board for Fei Yang Chinese Language and Culture Center which runs Chinese and Culture programs. She has been teaching with Globetrotters since 2010.
- Jeremy Lefokowitz – Jeremy Lefkowitz is Associate Professor of Classics at Swarthmore College, where he has taught since 2009. At Swarthmore, Jeremy teaches Latin and Ancient Greek language and literature at all levels, as well as courses on Mythology, Ancient Theater, and other classical subjects.
About UsHome and School Association is a non-profit parents organization of Swarthmore Rutledge School. Our goal is to enrich the educational experience of our children at SRS through special events, enrichment programs, and the representation of parents to the administration. To find out more about us, please contact our co-presidents, Kim Angstadt and Shannon Elliott. To volunteer, please contact our volunteer coordinator, Amy Brown.
Direct Family Donation Goal
Our 2019-20 goal for direct family donations is $7,000, this will allow us to reach our overall fundraising target of $37,000 for the year.
Please help us reach our goal by donating below.
We have raised $4600 out of $7000.
$2400 left to reach our goal!
Please consider making a donation to the SRS Home and School Association. We are currently tax-exempt, and our tax-exempt status has been retroactively reinstated. All donations from October 2011 onward are considered tax deductible.